Sunday, June 3, 2018

50 Authors from 50 States: M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I -- S.J. Francis Shares a Gr...

50 Authors from 50 States: M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I -- S.J. Francis Shares a Gr...: Come along and visit my post about the Magnolia State: Mississippi is called the Magnolia state and the number of Magnolia trees confirm that, and because of the hot and humid summers with he..

.

June 3, 2018

M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I -- S.J. Francis Shares a Great State to Visit, Live and Spell!


Mississippi is called the Magnolia state and the number of Magnolia trees confirm that, and because of the hot and humid summers with heavy rain, it is a green and lush state.
                                               
If you heard me speak you’d notice the lack of southern drawl. You’d also notice that I walk just a bit faster. I didn’t grow up in the beautiful state of Mississippi. I grew up in New York City.  The two places are so far apart; not just in miles but in attitudes. It’s different down here. It’s a whole new way of life with a different pace: Slow and laid back. There is no fast food in Mississippi and not just literally. If you’re looking for fast and hurried; you need to go elsewhere, New York City for one, but there’s a peace and serenity that accompanies it, too. People are more at ease down south and it shows in their attitude. I may have been born a Yankee, but I’ve always been a rebel at heart.
                                               
There are flatlands down here and there are hills. I have seen some awesome sunsets. The Blues were born here in the Delta. Farming and lumber are the predominant industries.  BBQ and sweet tea are popular food items down here. Crowds and smog are non-existent.
                                                  
My debut novel, Shattered Lies begins in Yazoo County, Mississippi, and later New York City.  As of the 2010 census, the population of Yazoo County was 28,065. It is named for the Yazoo River, whose name, legend has it, comes from an Indian word meaning "River of Death." It is located in the Mississippi Delta region. The idea for this book came to me in 1999, but the story didn’t write itself until I moved down to Mississippi. 
                                                  
Synopsis: Thirty year old Kate Thayer has a good life as a veterinarian running the family horse farm in the South until she uncovers an act of unimaginable treachery by those she trusted most and discovers that everything she knew about herself was a lie. Her paternal grandmother, the woman who raised her, is behind a number of devastating secrets Kate is compelled to discover. But the deeper she digs, the more betrayal she finds, changing her life in ways she could have never foreseen.
Thanks for stopping by to read about my debut novel and my new home state of Mississippi. I have two prizes to give away to a lucky winner —a copy of Shattered Lies (Kindle version OR Paperback, winner’s choice) and a Mississippi souvenir.  Simply leave a comment and your contact info in order to contact you should you win. 

You can read more about the award winning Shattered Lies, a mainstream/contemporary/family saga at my website: http://sjfranciswriter.com    There you’ll be able to connect with me and learn more about the award winning Shattered Lies.
(info provided/released by author)

No comments:

Post a Comment